Licenses for Hog Hunting in Texas
- A Texas hunting license is required for hog hunting.
- Basic Texas hunting license is Type 101.
- Nonresident five day hunting license is Type 157.
- Youth hunters under 17 years old license is Type 169.
- Active military personnel are not required to purchase a hunting license.
- Hunter education is required to purchase a Texas hunting license.
- A person born after September 2, 1971 must have hunter education.
- Proof of your State’s hunter education is sufficient.
- Texas allows a hunter education waiver for 10.00.
- Refer to Texas Parks and Wildlife website for information.
4J Ranch, Leona, Texas 75850